Thank you for your interest in the GRS-Codes!
This is a roadmap on how to request a GRS code, kindly follow the process described below:
In order to start the licensing process, could you please send an official request to Mr. Abdelaziz Lazaar the export control manager of GRS (please send a copy of your request to code-transfer(at)grs.de):
Export Control Manager
Gesellschaft für Anlagen- und Reaktorsicherheit gGmbh
Law and Compliance Department
Boltzmann Str. 14
The following information is required:
- A short description of the intended use of the code.
- References to co-operations with GRS - if applicable.
- Do you already have some knowledge regarding the use of the requested codes? - Please let us know.
- Official contact information: Name, company address, phone-no., e-mail, etc.
- Company profile (pdf).
Some of GRS computer codes are classified under export control laws which is why we have to apply for an Export License at the Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control (BAFA) in Germany. Here we will need an End-Use-Certificate (EUC) or an Importer Statement on End-User and End-Use of the requested codes or both documents.
Please be informed that BAFA charges a fee which you will be asked to pay directly to BAFA, see below. The fee ranges from 159 to 315 Euros.
On receipt of your request, we will send you the End Use Certificate (EUC) draft.
Sign the documents needed for the code transfer:
- Software License Agreement for all codes
- Annex 1 Description of the DP programs (code certificates)
- Annex 2 Licence terms of third-party software
- Annex 3 Declaration of exemption (only for commercial use)
- Annex 4 Arbitration Agreement
- Training or Service/Support contract (for this matter, we will send you an offer in a separate e-mail)
We will send you all these documents when we receive your official request.
Once the process is successfully completed, you will be asked to pay the BAFA fee directly to their bank account, the BAFA notice will be transferred to you in German language. Subsequent to your payment of the fee (please submit a transfer voucher) the code is available for download.
The GRS User Area for AC² is restricted to registered program users. Access requires a valid authorization. Usually, one user ID is provided for each organization, derived from their internet address (e.g. XXX.de-grscodes). In addition, one email address per company is required to which updates in the User Area will be automatically sent. This might be the email address of a member of staff (who should forward the emails to the colleagues) or a dedicated address from where incoming mail is automatically forwarded to the code users within the organization.
In case of any questions regarding the code transfer, please contact code-transfer(at)grs.de.